Thursday, October 22, 2020

Week 76 Offerings and Sacrifices

 Hey everyone! 

Tuesday we raked leaves and dirt at the temple president's house across the temple. 
Friday I filled the grocery carts the entire time at the food pantry. 
Sunday my sister and I read in the New Testament Matthew 27, Christ's sacrifices through pain (they put thorns on His head, mocked, spit and smote Him) and how obedient He was through it. How thankful we are that He went through with what He did, and because of Christ and His sacrifices we can return to our Father in Heaven. 
Monday (today) at institute we talked about 6 different types of offerings. When you sacrifice something, it should be yours to give. About halfway through the week, I chose to give something up for a little time and I can already feel His Spirit a little more. He recognizes every little effort we make. 

Scripture thought: D&C 37:4 Behold, here is wisdom, and let every man choose for himself until I come. Even so. Amen. 
This scripture reminds me of the importance of agency. Part of God's plan in the premortal life is to have each person be able to choose for yourself. I'm thankful for that. 

Hope you're all doing well! 
Sister Gill 

No comments:

Post a Comment