Thursday, October 22, 2020

Week 72 Beginnings of a new book

 Hey again! 

Tuesday Sister Mason and I deadhead the flowers in front of the temple again. 
Wednesday after our district council another sister and I went on a small walk/hike up the canyon. 
Friday I filled the carts with groceries again at the food pantry by myself. Towards the end I swept part of the floor. 
Sunday from Come, Follow Me I liked Helaman 3:35 because when you want to improve with something or get stronger you have to work at it to improve. They prayed and fasted and got stronger in humility and firmer in their faith in Christ. They gained joy that comes from Christ. (If you want to, you can look that scripture up.) 
My sister and I have also started reading the doctrine and covenants this past week. We noticed it repeatedly shares pieces of D&C 4 (mission chapter); the importance of the plan of salvation; Ask then receive, knock and it will be open. 

Scripture thought: D&C 6:18 Therefore be diligent; stand by my servant Joseph, faithfully, in whatsoever difficult circumstances he may be for the word’s sake.19 Admonish him in his faults, and also receive admonition of him. Be patient; be sober; be temperate; have patience, faith, hope and charity.
I love those two verses for a few different reasons. I've had many times that I've felt strongly Joseph Smith was called to be the first prophet of God and to restore the church especially during my mission. Also, we all have struggles, but I love that it says to be kind and help each other. 

Hope you're all keeping healthy and happy! 
Sister Gill 

No comments:

Post a Comment